Table of Contents: Drivers - Instructions - Software
I - Device Drivers (VCP): Contains the Virtual Com Port drivers available for all FTDI devices.
II - Direct link to installer: Link to the FTDI installer.
III - Driver installation help: Contains guide for driver installation.
IV - Forscan Software: Link to download Forscan software for iOs, Android and Windows
V - How to Obtain Forscan Extended License: Guide to Forscan Extended License
VI - Forscan Forum: Link to Forscan forum that offers general information and support.
VII- ELMconfig page: Link to ELMconfig page.
Windows requires device drivers to be installed first to be able to communicate with the diagnostic unit.
Drivers - Instructions - Software
Bookmark this link for current and future reference.
I - Device Drivers (VCP):
This page contains the Virtual Com Port drivers available for all FTDI devices.
III - Driver installation help:
This page shows a table of all documents containing guides and their revisions. You can download these documents only in PDF format.
IV - Forscan Software:
You can download Forscan software for iOs, Android and Windows on this page. Remember to check compatibility before purchasing it. Note: the image below is the recommended setting on Forscan.
1. Register for Forscan Forum and wait until you are accepted (may take a couple of hours depending on time zones): https://forscan.org/forum/
2. Once accepted, log in with your user name and password.
3. Link to License generator is here: https://forscan.org/download.html
4. The link will take you here:
5. Fill in the blanks, You will be requested a hardware ID. This is your computer ID as identified by Forscan. So, launch Forscan and find your ID as shown. Copy and paste to the web browser. Generate:
6. Success! Please download License file to your computer. We suggest you download it to My Documents or Desktop. Reason for this is that Windows security is quite tight lately and you may have a hard time accessing this file later when you saved it to the default location in Systems folder. The license will still be available in Forscan Forum, you can download it again any time you want.
7. Load License Key into Forscan app:
8. SUCCESS! Forscan License is now Extended.
VI - Forscan Licence (free) requires registration to Forscan Forum:
It's a forum that offers general information and support. You can also explore the experiences of other users on vehicle diagnostics, programming, configurations, and maintenance.
Customer support by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org