A Beginner's Guide to BMW E-sys Coding
The BMW E-sys is a software application released by BMW for coding applications on BMW F-series vehicles. The software allows users to disable and activate certain features on their F-series vehicles.
Here are some of the features that you can activate/disable using the BMW E-sys software:
1. Lock unlock sound confirmation
2. Operate the navigation menu including watching DVD when driving.
3. Display engine output and torque meter.
4. Cancel confirmation screen big screen boot delay.
5. Open the voice recognition function
6. Set up three kinds of Bluetooth phone ringtones.
7. Increasing the cic memory address to 50.
8. Air-conditioned memory of the last off state.
9. Indoor cycling memories of the last time the state when engine off.
10. A-pillar electric tailgate buttons and remote control key to close the power tailgate.
11. Increase shift paddles.
12. Modify small screen to a large screen display.
13. Pdc display vertical and horizontal.
14. Disable the seat belt status display - passenger seat.
15. Disable the seat belt status display - driver seat.
16. Disable seat belt reminder - passenger seat.
17. Disable seat belt reminder - driving position.
18. Disabled unfasten seat belt voice prompts - passenger seat.
19. Disabled unfasten seat belt voice prompts - driving position.
20. Intersection vehicle high beam automatic control.
21. Angel eyes open and cancel functions.
22. Turn off the engine start-stop function - turned on by default.
23. Gps time synchronization.
24. Foot open the back cover.
Coding using BMW E-sys is the process of configuring the software system built-in on your BWM vehicle, this should not be mistaken with programming. Unlike programming, the risk of messing up the functions of your vehicle is minimal. However, you still need to be careful when configuring your vehicle using BMW E-sys. You should be knowledgable of the changes and the codes that you've applied on your vehicle. If you're still new to the software, you should have a guide to follow the basic processes.
Here's what you need to start coding using BMW E-sys:
- ENET cable
- E-Sys software (the latest version) with EST token and Pin
- psdzdata 54.2
- A dedicated laptop at least Windows 7 with minimum 16 GB of free space
- Backup utility for CAF files (optional)
Below is a tutorial video created by KSG on how to get started with BMW E-sys Coding:
When coding using the BWM E-sys software, you will need a reliable ENET cable to connect the software with your vehicle. Our OBD Interface ENET Cable is specifically for BMW vehicles. It works with many different BMW models. BMW owners purchase their vehicles because they want a top-of-the-line car that looks great, has plenty of power, and – perhaps more than anything else – is entirely under their control. By modifying various E-SYS modules, you’ll have more control than you can imagine. Check out our BMW ENET below: